Social Thursday: A Guide on How to Improve Your Business’ Social Media Engagement
Social media might seem like a pure numbers game that’s impossible to win.
When your social media strategy fails to generate a high level of interaction, it’s as if your postings just vanish into thin air.
Often, the response is to “share more,” “do more,” or “speak more.” But is this really the best way to go about things?
Using social media as a robust business tool allows you to communicate with clients, increase your market and build a brand.
However, only publishing content regularly will not be enough to keep your audience interested.
So how can you traverse the murky seas of social media?
How to enhance your business’s social media engagement? Here’s a map and some captions for it.
Getting Started from the Ground Up: How to Pick the Best Platforms
The saying goes, “Craftsmen are only as good as their tools.”
Some goals can only be achieved with the right tools in any industry.
These creative tools are not interchangeable across industries or platforms.
Put another way, your whole marketing plan will be ineffective if you utilize the same approach and postings on LinkedIn and TikTok.
Rethink which platforms and social media for business tips are suitable for your brand instead of posting more.
Consider the following questions to determine which social media sites are most effective:
- What kind of business are you in?
- What are the targets of your social media strategy?
- What are the demographics of your customers?
- Upon visiting your social media networks, how far along in the sales funnel are they?
- Which social media channel does your target consumer use?
- What do your competitors focus on?
When you answer these questions, you’ll begin to lay the groundwork for your social media strategy.
For examples. a B2B SaaS company can benefit from sites like LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube that are more informative. On the other hand, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok are more likely to be used by a B2C retail company since they have a high degree of virality.
You may find yourself inclined to publish from every perspective, on every platform. Avoid this at all costs; it might backfire on you.
To develop an effective social media strategy, you’ll need to put in the effort to plan your posts ahead of time. You’ll need to keep tabs on engagement and then use that data to shape your pivots. Meanwhile, you’re wasting your time by writing additional posts that don’t get any attention from your followers in the form of likes, shares, and comments. It’s better to concentrate on creating effective Facebook video advertisements or ads for fewer platforms rather than wasting time and money on ads that don’t work.
Boost Your Presence: Rely on Analytics
Simply said, engagement is the relationship between a brand and its customers.
And these interactions can be measured.
So, what are your stats if you’ve already made a name for yourself online?
You should maintain track of all the engagement indicators on social media, including:
- Followers and audience growth
- Mentions (either tagged or untagged)
- Using branded hashtags
- On-page purchases
Without a baseline, tracking and analyzing user engagement’s progress is impossible.
This data may determine the strengths and weaknesses of your entire plan, resulting in actionable insights when your team collects, classifies, and analyzes.
Consider a scenario when a business has millions of impressions but just a few likes or comments.
To determine why visitors aren’t connecting with your material, you must examine the content itself.
Alternatively, what about a brand with high interaction metrics from its target demographic but not enough to achieve its KPIs?
At this point, all that’s left is to raise the quantity of content while maintaining a similar level of quality.
The issue is that most companies lack the resources to keep tabs on social media activity indicators.
Aside from simply guessing and checking, they have no other options.
Lead With Quality—If It Doesn’t Provide Value, Toss It
Quality content is where social media engagement begins and finishes.
It’s the foundation of everything else.
What are they looking for?
At this particular stage of the sales process, what do they need to know or hear?
Your material must be tailored to their specific demands.
Various content kinds may be used to reach them, including:
- Blogs, articles, guides – Long-form written content gives you the chance to create your brand, show your thought leadership, enhance SEO, and generate visitors to your website. It’s an excellent way to do all of that. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are the top social media networks for this sort of material.
- Images – Image-sharing may be an excellent way for B2C enterprises to showcase their goods and other aspects of their identity to their customers. This sort of material can be created with the assistance of a branding agency. Ads on Instagram and Facebook will definitely benefit from this sort of content since it’s easily consumed and digested.
- Videos – 93% of customers say that video influences their shopping choices. It is their favorite sort of content from businesses on social media, making it an essential tool in your content marketing arsenal. Because of this, a video may be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Product videos
- Behind the scenes
- Live videos
- User-generated content
Video-sharing apps like TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube are among the most popular at the present time.
However, suppose you understand Facebook video impressions and Facebook video ad stats. In that case, Facebook may also be an excellent platform for creating videos.
It’s a Conversation: Interact with Your Audience
Your audience can recognize that you’re merely “playing the game” if you only upload material and then wait to post the next.
Better to engage with the individuals who are reaching out to your company. You may build a long-term connection and build trust.
Your level of participation will rise if you are outgoing, especially in the beginning.
Responses, sharing, and a continuation of the dialogue may all be made easier with the help of The Hyper Fuel’s social media marketing services.
The Paid Social
This year, researchers predict that social media advertising will cost $56.85 billion, an increase of 400% from 2016.
This continual growth in marketing spend demonstrates paid social’s effectiveness.
Paid social advertising ensures that your company will be seen by those eager to purchase your product or service.
It allows you to focus on a certain kind of consumer you’re trying to target.
Multiple ad alternatives are available on almost every platform.
For instance, the following are the ad spots available on Facebook:
- Instant articles
- In-stream videos
A Dose Of Fun: Run Contests or Giveaways
Giveaways are one of the easiest methods to boost social media engagement.
If you follow these suggestions, you may use them to build immediate attention to your brand:
- Identify a goal – In addition to boosting interaction, you should have a clear goal in mind while organizing a giveaway. Increasing the number of followers, raising brand exposure, or promoting a new product are just a few examples.
- Provide a prize people want – The award or free goods must be appealing or valuable enough to encourage participation. It’s best if it has anything to do with your work.
- Set the parameters – What are the specifics of the event? You must know the deadline, the regulations, the participation conditions, and how the winner will be revealed.
- Follow the rules – Every platform has its own guidelines for promoting content. If you want to hold a Facebook contest, you can only do it from a group, event, or page, not through a personal timeline. Make sure, before you submit, that your actions are in sync.
Consistency is The Key—Build a Content Calendar
Regular social media posting is essential to keep your audience interested. The problem is that you don’t want to overburden your consumers’ newsfeeds. What we’re looking for is a middle ground.
In the same way, you should strive to publish during busy hours. According to the American Marketing Association, these are some of the highest traffic times:
- Facebook – Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Instagram – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Tuesday and at 11 a.m. on Monday through Friday
- Twitter – 8 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays
- LinkedIn – 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
That said, you may discover the best times and days to reach your target audience by experimenting with various times and days of the week.
The Hyper Fuel: A Result-Driven Social Media Agency
In a brand’s marketing toolkit, social media is one of the most effective weapons. And by using the tactics mentioned above, you may guarantee that your social efforts are received with good replies rather than silence.
Our digital marketing agency, The Hyper Fuel, is here to assist you in developing a social media presence that is both genuine and convincing. Our methodology begins with a thorough social media audit to better understand your social media statistics and presence. Even once the content strategy is implemented, the job isn’t done—we additionally conduct creative content testing to further enhance your social engagement efforts.
So, are you ready to create a social media plan that increases audience engagement with your brand?